What is DISC and why did I choose it?
DISC is the world’s #1 behavioural assessment, taken by millions of people every year and is estimated to be in use by 75% of Fortune 500 companies. DISC is a potent four-quadrant framework used to illustrate the common ways that us humans tend to behave and communicate.
I chose DISC because I love data and my clients do too. You can only change what you measure and you can only accept what you understand in yourself and others. This assessment gives both the self awareness of self and also a window into why your communication annoys the life out of others. Again, a no blame framework that truly looks at the value that each person brings to the workplace. This assessment celebrates the personality and strengths and humbly outlines the timewasters this person may engage in and areas for improvement.
DISC points towards how we prefer to behave and communicate.
What to expect from your DISC Report
The TTI Success Insights® DISC profile has a comprehensive coaching and development report that include the natural style you engage in, how you modify your preferences for the job you are doing now and also includes the Behavioural Hierarchy: 8 sub-behavioural tendencies based on the core four.
The 4 core DISC behaviours measured are:
- Dominance – How we respond to problems & challenges.
- Influence – How we respond to people & contact.
- Steadiness – How we respond to pace & consistency.
- Compliance – How we respond to procedures & constraints.
Common uses for the DISC report
DISC is a wonderfully versatile tool. The DISC profile is commonly used in the following functions:
Training and Development:
- Leadership Development, culture transformation and workforce engagement and motivation
- Communication Effectiveness and conflict resolution
- Team Effectiveness and change management
- Coaching/Mentoring Relationships
- Re-engagement coaching